Follow by Email

Everyone knows that Google Adsense is the no:1 contextual advertising network in the Online Advertising field and one of the best ways to make money on the computer! A lot of people are making thousands of dollars each day from Google Advertisements mainly because they're following the Adsense guidelines perfectly. However, there are a few people unknowingly neglect the Adsense ToS and will be banned by Google from the Adsense. 

This is where the question "Best Google Adsense Alternatives" arise. Webmasters or bloggers actually opt for Google Adsense for two reasons. 

  • Banned from Google Adsense 
  • Earn additional income apart from Google Ads 
Whatever may be the reason, I am listing here the best adsense alternatives that pay high (based on my personal experience and a few inputs from other publishers). 

Adsense Alternatives: Other ways to make money on the computer! Clicksor: It's one of the most popular advertisement networks and a good alternative to Google Adsense which is available for free on the internet. They allow you to earn through different ad-formatslike In-line Text Ads, Contextual Ads (banner and text) and more. You can earn up to 60% of the revenue share, depending on the performance the advertisers attain from your website placements and clicks. These ads seems annoying (pop-ups) to users but the earnings we gain are bit higher when compared to other ad networks. Payment Procedure:Payments are based on net 15 terms on a bi-weekly schedule. You will have the chance to receive your payments either by check or Paypal and the minimum payout is $50.

Adbrite: It is one of the oldest and most popular advertisement network that allows you to earn money from your web site or blog. Unlike other contextual advertising networks, AdBrite is specialized to sell advertisements on your web site by displaying a banner ad on your site. The visitor who likes to place an ad on your site can easily displays his advertisement. It is very easy to use for everyone, and it’s completely free! Best for US and UK related traffic. 

Bidvertiser:A professional contextual advertising network that Offers only contextual and feed advertisements. It is very similar to Google AdSense. Displays textual ads depending on content of your site [context related ads]. You will not get enough earnings until unless you get very good traffic. Best for high traffic blogs. Payment: Minimum payout of $10 is offers. Offers both Check and Paypal Methods for payment. 

Text Link Ads:This service allows you to make money by selling text and in-line text ads on your site or blog. You can choose price and sell textual advertisements on your site with this service. They offer 50/50 net revenue share for all ads sold on your site. Payment Options: Supports Check, PayPal, Payoneer or TLA Voucher. Minimum payment for check is $25. Text-Link-Ads Prepaid MasterCard is $25. No minimum for PayPal payments. 

Kontera: These are in-line contextual ad networks that double-underline the keywords in our site. Some users may however find this annoying since the advertisement appears in a pop-up window. Best for content rich blogs. 

Infolinks:They're specialized in In-Text advertising i.e., Infolinks indexes your page looking for keywords and phrases that are not currently linked and converts those words into advertising links. Best thing is that you can use Infolinks ads to compliment your other advertising programs. 

Payment: They pay you either by Wire transfer, Automated Clearing House ($400 min) or paypal ($50 min). 

Luminate:Luminate Inc. (previously known as Pixazza Inc.), founded in 2008, is an online advertising program and currently the market leader in making the images more interactive, offering World’s first platform for image application. It currently serves more than 150 million users per month and 30 billion page views per year. This ‘first-of-its-kind’ platform gets operational when a user mouse-over’s an image, displaying the related products and information to that user. It takes into account the keywords that have been tagged with an image and then display the relevant ads accordingly.The minimum payout is $10 which can be received on a PayPal account or via Standard Cheque. So Choose among the best adsense alternatives to Google Adsense and start earning equal to what Adsense Publishers are getting. Do comment if you know any other advertising alternatives that pay high.

Anyone who operates a business, alone or with others, may incorporate. This is also true for anyone or any group engaged in religious, civil, non-profit or charitable endeavors. You do not have to be a business giant to be able to have the financial and other benefits of operating a corporation. Given the right circumstances, the owner(s) of a business of any size can benefit from incorporating.

General Corporation
This is the most common corporate structure. The corporation is a separate legal entity that is owned by stockholders. A general corporation may have an unlimited number of stockholders that, due to the separate legal nature of the corporation, are protected from the creditors of the business. A stockholder's personal liability is usually limited to the amount of investment in the corporation and no more.

  • Owners' personal assets are protected from business debt and liability

  • Corporations have unlimited life extending beyond the illness or death of the owners
S Corporation vs C Corporation vs LLC: Whats the difference?
  • Tax free benefits such as insurance, travel, and retirement plan deductions

  • Transfer of ownership facilitated by sale of stock

  • Change of ownership need not affect management

  • Easier to raise capital through sale of stocks and bonds

  • More expensive to form than proprietorship or partnerships

  • More legal formality

  • More state and federal rules and regulations

  • Close Corporation

This type of corporation is particularly well suited for a group of individuals who will own the corporation with some members actively involved in the management and other members only involved on a limited or indirect level.

S Corporation
With the Tax Reform Act of 1986, the S Corporation became a highly desirable entity for corporate tax purposes. An S Corporation is not really a different type of corporation. It is a special tax designation applied for and granted by the IRS to corporations that have already been formed. Many entrepreneurs and small business owners are partial to the S Corporation because it combines many of the advantages of a sole proprietorship, partnership and the corporate forms of business structure.

S Corporations have the same basic advantages and disadvantages of general or close corporation with the added benefit of the S Corporation special tax provisions. When a standard corporation (general, close or professional) makes a profit, it pays a federal corporate income tax on the profit. If the company declares a dividend, the shareholders must report the dividend as personal income and pay more taxes.

S Corporations avoid this "double taxation" (once at the corporate level and again at the personal level) because all income or loss is reported only once on the personal tax returns of the shareholders. However, like standard corporations (and unlike some partnerships), the S Corporation shareholders are exempt from personal liability for business debt.

S Corporation Restrictions

To elect S Corporation status, your corporation must meet specific guidelines. As a result of the 1996 Tax Law, which became effective January 1, 1997, many of these qualifying guidelines have been changed. A few of these changes are noted below:

Prior to the 1996 Tax Law, the maximum number of shareholders was 35. The maximum number of shareholders for an S Corporation has been increased to 75.

Previously, S Corporation ownership was limited to individuals, estates, and certain trusts. Under the new law, stock of an S Corporation may be held by a new "electing small business trust." All beneficiaries of the trust must be individuals or estates, except that charitable organizations may hold limited interests. Interests in the trust must be acquired by gift or bequest -- not by purchase. Each potential current beneficiary of the trust is counted towards the 75 shareholder limit on S Corporation shareholders.

S Corporations are now allowed to own 80 percent or more of the stock of a regular C corporation, which may elect to file a consolidated return with other affiliated regular C corporations. The S Corporation itself may not join in that election. In addition, an S Corporation is now allowed to own a "qualified subchapter S subsidiary." The parent S Corporation must own 100 percent of the stock of the subsidiary.

Qualified retirement plans or Section 501(c)(3) charitable organizations may now be shareholders in S Corporations.

All S Corporations must have shareholders who are citizens or residents of the United States. Nonresident aliens cannot be shareholders.

S Corporations may only issue one class of stock.

No more than 25 percent of the gross corporate income may be derived from passive income.

An S Corporation can generally provide employee benefits and deferred compensation plans.

S Corporations eliminate the problems faced by standard corporations whose shareholder-employees might be subject to IRS claims of excessive compensation.

Not all domestic general business corporations are eligible for S Corporation status. These exclusions include:
  • A financial institution that is a bank;
  • An insurance company taxed under Subchapter L;
  • A Domestic International Sales Corporation (DISC); or Certain affiliated groups of corporations.

Keep in mind, these lists of qualifying S Corporation aspects are not all-inclusive. In addition, there are specific circumstances in which an S Corporation may owe income tax. For more detailed information about these changes and other aspects regarding S Corporation status, contact your accountant, attorney or local IRS office.

How to File as an S Corporation

To become an S Corporation, you must know the mechanics of filing for this special tax status. Your first step is to form a general, close or professional corporation in the state of your choice. Second, you must obtain the formal consent of the corporation's shareholders. This consent should be noted in the corporation's minutes. Once the filing is approved, your company must complete Form 2553, Election by a Small Business Corporation. This form must be filed with the appropriate IRS office for your region. Please consult the IRS' instructions for Form 2553 to determine your proper deadline for completing and submitting this form.

The Company Corporation can assist you in preparing and submitting the IRS Form 2553 as part of your incorporating process. Please see our online order form for additional details.

Limited Liability Company (LLC)

LLCs have long been a traditional form of business structure in Europe and Latin America. LLCs were first introduced in the United States by the state of Wyoming in 1977 and authorized for pass- through taxation (similar to partnerships and S Corporations) by the IRS in 1988. With the recent inclusion of Hawaii, all 50 states and Washington, D.C. have now adopted some form of LLC legislation for both domestic and foreign (out of state) limited liability companies.

Many business professionals believe LLCs present a superior alternative to corporations and partnerships because LLCs combine many of the advantages of both. With an LLC, the owners can have the corporate liability protection for their personal assets from business debt as well as the tax advantages of partnerships or S Corporations. It is similar to an S Corporation without the IRS' restrictions.


Protection of personal assets from business debt
Profits/losses pass through to personal income tax returns of the owners
Great flexibility in management and organization of the business
LLCs do not have the ownership restrictions of S Corporations making them ideal business structures for foreign investors


LLCs often have a limited life (not to exceed 30 years in many states) Some states require at least 2 members to form an LLC, and LLCs are not corporations and therefore do not have stock -- and the benefits of stock ownership and sales.

As with the S Corporation listing, these lists are not inclusive. For more detailed information, please be sure to speak with a qualified legal and/or financial advisor.

Important Note Regarding the Federal Taxation of LLCs:

Before January 1, 1997, the Internal Revenue Service determined whether a limited liability company would be taxed "like a partnership" or "like a corporation" by analyzing its legal structure or by requiring the members to elect the tax status on a special form. Effective January 1, 1997, the IRS has simplified this process.

Pursuant to these new IRS regulations, if a limited liability company has satisfied IRS requirements, it can be treated as a partnership for federal tax purposes. As such, LLCs are required to file the same federal tax forms as partnerships and take advantage of the same benefits. However, this is still a highly technical area, and if you require further information, it is recommended that you communicate with the Internal Revenue Service or consult a competent professional such as a qualified tax accountant or attorney.

How do I get Incorporated? 
What is the most cost effective way to get incorporated... Click Here

16.  Classroom deduction for teachers: K-12 educators who work at least 900 hours during the school year can claim an above-the-line deduction of up to $250 ($500 if married filing joint and both spouses are educators, but not more than $250 each) of any unreimbursed expenses (books, supplies and computer equipment -- including related software and services -- other equipment, and supplementary materials) used in the classroom. (IRS Topic 458)

17.  Estate tax on income in respect of a decedent: This sounds complicated, but it can save you a lot of money if you inherited an IRA from someone whose estate was big enough to be subject to the federal estate tax. Basically, you get an income-tax deduction for the amount of estate tax paid on the IRA assets you received. Let's say you inherited a $100,000 IRA, and the fact that the money was included in your benefactor's estate added $35,000 to the estate-tax bill. You get to deduct that $35,000 on your tax returns as you withdraw the money from the IRA. If you withdraw $50,000 in one year, for example, you get to claim a $17,500 itemized deduction on Schedule A. That would save you $4,900 in the 28% bracket.

23 tax credit deductions you my not no about18. Out-of-pocket charitable contributions: It's hard to overlook the big charitable gifts you made during the year, by check or payroll deduction (check your December pay stub). But the little things add up, too, and you can write off out-of-pocket costs incurred while doing work for a charity. For example, ingredients for casseroles you prepare for a nonprofit organization's soup kitchen and stamps you buy for your school's fundraising mailing count as a charitable contribution. Keep your receipts and if your contribution totals more than $250, you'll need an acknowledgement from the charity documenting the support you provided. If you drove your car for charity in 2012, remember to deduct 14 cents per mile plus parking and tolls paid in your philanthropic journeys.

19.  Military reservists' travel expenses: Members of the National Guard or military reserve may tap a deduction for travel expenses to drills or meetings. To qualify, you must travel more than 100 miles from home and be away from home overnight. If you qualify, you can deduct the cost of lodging and half the cost of your meals, plus an allowance for driving your own car to get to and from drills. For 2012 travel, the rate is 55.5 cents a mile, plus what you paid for parking fees and tolls.

20.  Contact lenses: Contact lenses are tax deductible but, "very few taxpayers get to deduct them because you get to deduct such costs only to the extent that unreimbursed expenses exceed 7.5 percent of your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI)." This means that if your AGI is $50,000, for example, you would have to spend over $3,750 in doctor fees to qualify for this exemption. These contact lenses must be for medical reasons. Colored lenses to get a majestic glare, made famous by Edward from Twilight, are taxable. But, according an IRS publication, "You can also include the cost of equipment and materials required for using contact lenses, such as saline solution and enzyme cleaner."

21.  Home improvements that save energy You could get up to 100 percent tax credit on certain garden variety energy saving home improvements for your primary residence. Although the cap on this break is $500, it is not contingent on your income. Even though this tax credit seems lucrative, it has drastically been cut since 2010. The cap used to be $1,500 but was amended since Obama extended the Bush-era tax cuts.

22. Moving costs for your first job IRS Topic 455 states, "If you moved due to a change in your job or business location, or because you started a new job or business, you may be able to deduct your reasonable moving expenses but not any expenses for meals." This IRS status specifies that to qualify for this deduction, "your new workplace must be at least 50 miles farther from your old home than your old job location was from your old home," and, "if you are an employee, you must work full-time for at least 39 weeks during the first 12 months immediately following your arrival in the general area of your new job location." Special rules also apply to international and military moves. Also, recent graduates are not yet eligible for this tax break.

23.  Job-hunting costs like cab fares, food, lodging and transportation According to Bankrate, tax deductible job-hunting costs include, "Employment and outplacement agency fees, resume services, printing and mailing costs of search letters, want-ad placement fees, telephone calls and travel expenses." Even though this list seems exhaustive, there are some limitations to keep in mind. First, this law only applies if you are looking for a new job in the same field. If you are an ex-lawyer looking to relocate to Los Angeles to live your childhood film producer dreams, you are out of luck!

Also, these benefits don't apply to recent graduates who have never yet contributed to the internal revenue pie.This law is stern and you must remember to show receipts as well a detailed log of your travels. The IRS is scrupulous about making sure that you are actively searching for a job, not just vacationing with friends and family while dropping off resumes.

24.  Reinvested dividends This isn't really a tax deduction, but it is an important subtraction that can save you a bundle. And this is the break that former IRS commissioner Fred Goldberg told Kiplinger's that a lot of taxpayers miss. If, like most investors, your mutual fund dividends are automatically used to buy extra shares, remember that each reinvestment increases your tax basis in the fund. That, in turn, reduces the taxable capital gain (or increases the tax-saving loss) when you redeem shares. Forgetting to include the reinvested dividends in your basis results in double taxation of the dividends -- once when they were paid out and immediately reinvested in more shares and later when they're included in the proceeds of the sale. Don't make that costly mistake. 

If you're not sure what your basis is, ask the fund for help. (Starting with sales in 2012, mutual funds must report to investors -- and the IRS -- the tax basis of shares redeemed during the year. But note this: The new rule applies only to shares purchased in 2012 and later years. If you redeemed shares you purchased prior to 2012, it's still up to you to figure your basis. Don't forget  

1. IRA/Roth Conversion: When you contribute to an individual retirement account (IRA), you help fund a future goal while lowering your current tax bill. In other words, socking cash in an IRA is like saving with help from your Uncle Sam.

The rules are pretty simple: You have until the tax-filing deadline (again, that's April 17) to contribute up the lesser of your taxable compensation for the year or $5,000 to a 2011 IRA ($6,000 if you are 50 or older). If you are self-employed, have a Keogh or SEP-IRA, and have filed for an extension to October 15, you can even wait until then to put 2011 money into those accounts.

Even if you're covered by a retirement plan at work, you can deduct some or all of your IRA contribution. The limits have increased for tax year 2011 modified adjusted gross income (AGI) as follows:

-- More than $92,000 but less than $112,000 for a married couple filing a joint return or a qualifying widow(er)

-- More than $58,000 but less than $68,000 for a single individual or head of household, or

-- Less than $10,000 for a married individual filing a separate return.

If your spouse is covered by a retirement plan at work but you are not, your deduction is phased out if your modified AGI is more than $173,000 but less than $183,000. If your modified AGI is $183,000 or more, you cannot take a deduction for contributions to a traditional IRA.

2. The Child Tax Credit is up to $1,000 for each qualifying child who was under the age of 17 at the end of 2011. This credit can be claimed in addition to the credit for child and dependent care expenses. For married taxpayers filing a joint return, the phase-out begins at $110,000. For married taxpayers filing a separate return, it begins at $55,000. For all other taxpayers, the phase-out begins at $75,000. (Details are in IRS Publication 972.)

23 tax credit deductions you my not no about!3. The Earned Income Tax Credit is a refundable credit (meaning that even if your credit exceeds your tax liability, you don't lose the excess and are entitled to receive any overage as a refund) for married couples filing jointly with 2011 earned income under $49,078 and singles with income under $43,998. The IRS has created handy EITC calculator to help you determine whether you qualify for the credit. (Details are in IRS Publication 596.)

4. The Child and Dependent Care Credit is calculated based on your expenses paid for the care of your kids under age 13 to enable you to work or to look for work in 2011. The credit is 20 percent to 35 percent of your child-care expenses, up to $6,000 -- the size of your credit depends on your income. (Details are in IRS Publication 503.)

5. The Retirement Savings Contributions Credit is designed to help low- and moderate-income workers save for retirement. Individuals with incomes of up to $28,250 and married couples with joint incomes of up to $56,500 may qualify for a credit of up to $1,000 or up to $2,000 if filing jointly. Check out Form 8880 for the rules.

6. Energy and Appliance Tax Credit applies to taxpayers who made energy-efficiency improvements to their homes in 2011. You may be eligible for a tax credit of 10 percent for the cost, up to a maximum of $500. Approved improvements include new windows, insulation, high efficiency furnaces, water heaters and air conditioning, among many others, but you will need your receipts and manufacturer certification as back-up. (Energy Star has a list of i;postID=4302349767643839968tems that qualify for the tax deduction).

7.  College Costs There are two federal tax credits available to help you offset the costs of higher education for yourself or your dependents. These are the American Opportunity Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. To qualify for either credit, you must pay post-secondary tuition and fees for yourself, your spouse or your dependent. The credit may be claimed by the parent or the student, but not by both. If the student was claimed as a dependent, the student cannot file for the credit. For each student, you can choose to claim only one of the credits in a single tax year. However, if you pay college expenses for two or more students in the same year, you can choose to take credits on a per-student, per-year basis.

8.  Lifetime learning credit: The credit can be up to $2,000 per eligible student and is available for all years of post-secondary education and for courses to acquire or improve job skills. The full credit is generally available to eligible taxpayers who make less than $60,000 or $120,000 for married couples filing a joint return.

9.  The American Opportunity Tax Credit: Each student can now get a $2,500 "higher education tax credit" for the first four years of college. The credit is based on 100 percent of the first $2,000 of tuition and related expenses, including books, paid during the tax year, plus and 25 percent of the next $2,000 of tuition and related expenses paid during;postID=4302349767643839968 the tax year (subject to income phase-outs starting at $80,000 for singles and $160,000 for joint filers).

10.  Sales tax: You can deduct sales tax paid in 2011 if the amount was greater than the state and local income taxes you paid. In other words, you get to choose: Write off your sales taxes or write off your income taxes. If you didn't keep your sales-tax receipts, use the IRS's sales tax deduction estimator. Even if you claim the sales tax amount from the IRS tables, you can add in tax paid on vehicles or boats purchased during the year, except to the extent the sales tax rate on them is more than the general sales tax rate. If you live in a state with a high income tax, like California or New York, you will probably be better off claiming your state and local income taxes rather than sales taxes. If you live in a state with no income tax, like Florida, Texas, or Washington, be sure to take the sales tax deduction when you itemize.

11.  Tuition and Fees Deduction: Every family can deduct up to $4,000 of college tuition and fees in 2011. If your modified AGI is between $65,001 and $80,000 for singles or between $130,001 and $160,000 for joint filers, you are entitled to a reduced deduction of up to $2,000. (IRS Publication 970)

12.  Mileage: Deducting miles driven for work or other purposes can be a huge tax break and save you significant money. The IRS increased the mileage deduction amounts for 2011: Business mileage = 51 cents per mile from January 1 to June 30, and 55.5 cents per mile from July 1 to December 31, 2011; medical and moving = 19 cents per mile from January 1 to June 30, and 23.5 cents per mile from July 1 to December 31, 2011; and charitable = 16 cents per mile.

13.  Medical expenses: This one is hard to claim, because the bar is so high to qualify. You can only deduct the portion of your 2011 medical expenses that exceed 7.5 percent of your adjusted gross income. (IRS Publication 502)

14.  Enhanced adoption credits: As part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (March 2010), the Adoption Tax Credit was extended one year until Dec. 31, 2011, the amount of credit was increased to $13,360 and it was made refundable, meaning that families can benefit even if they have less than $13,360 of federal income tax liability. If adoption expenses have been paid for by an employer, you may qualify to exclude up to $13,360 from income. The credit is subject to income phaseouts from $185,210 to $225,210 in AGI. (IRS Topic 607)

15.  Mortgage insurance deduction: Borrowers with AGI's up to $100,000 may be able to treat qualified mortgage insurance as home mortgage interest, which means that 100 percent of 2011 premiums may be deductible. The insurance contract had to be issued after 2006 and deductions are phased out in 10 percent increments for homeowners with AGI's between $100,001 and $109,000. (IRS Publication 936)

As social media increasingly becomes entrenched in the daily fabric of our lives, more and more organizations find that using social media outlets to reach a wider audience in the hopes of keeping current customers engaged, and finding new customers, is critical to their business. Igniting Social Media Optimization allows organizations to make use of social networking and other online communities to increase publicity and get people to become more aware of a particular product, brand or upcoming event. Social Media is a powerful tool for those who want to better understand how to increase traffic to your blog!

What does Social Media Optimization, or SMO for short, allow companies to do? The basic goal is to optimize a website in such a way that it is more easily linked to the various social media outlets such as social networking sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, MySpace) micro-blogging sites (Twitter, Tumblr, Google Buzz), social bookmarking sites (Digg, Delicious), blogs, vlogs, wikis and multimedia sharing websites (YouTube, Flickr, Pinterest). This in turn should lead to an increase in the frequency with which a website is mentioned in these various outlets finally leading to increased visibility.

There are several ways in which a business can go about creating successful social media optimization strategy -
  • Identifying a target audience is the first critical step when creating content especially geared towards consumption through social networking communities. If content is not reaching the users that a business is looking to reach, then no amount of strategizing will get any results.
  • Website content should be relevant, current and easily shareable. In order to effectively use social networking sites as a way to increase visibility, it is important that the message a business wants to send out is clear and allows the audience to pass it forward easily. For example, nowadays users could Tweet your website content, Digg it or Like it.
  • Businesses should make a proactive outreach effort to reach the community and spread awareness of their website. Social networking outlets are successful based on the principle of give-and-take. Creating a business blog, which interacts with other bloggers in addition to posting good content, is a great example of proactive participation in the vast world of social media.
    Ignite Social Media, How to increase traffic to your blog
  • Paying attention to timing is critical in an environment where over 340 million Twitter updates are being made per day. Getting the right message to the right users at the right time becomes mission-critical. There are several organizations that focus solely on helping businesses time their messages to their audience. It may be worthwhile to invest in such an initiative.
  • Using positive reinforcement principles to keep loyal followers around is another great strategy for maintaining engagement levels and increasing reach as loyal users push content further in their social media interactions. Rewarding people who create buzz in the online community can be as simple as online reciprocity (increasing visibility their content) or giving them free products.